#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Friday, March 23, 2012

Blog O'hop Contest; Random. House.

Aloha,

Oh, I forgot to add one thing to Monday’s Post-Paddy’s Day O’hop… Gen just wanted me to say a big *THANKS* to everyone for your kind and wonderful comments (she was really shy about doing this… now she’s walking around the home, rubbing my bald head for good luck and she hasn’t stopped calling me SIGGY for two days.

Who needs Lucky Charms when I have a Green Cake :)
(Thank. You. Morgan :)

No. 1 Son also wants to let everyone know that “his” St. “Patlicks” Day cake was hands down his favorite five-day-old cake “ever.”

PS. The Semi-finalists have been chosen in the Blog O’hop contest and the WINNERS will be revealed Wednesday.

Why not Monday, Mike, er, I mean Mark?

Well, it’s because I’m got an Interview scheduled.

(It’s CASSIE J )

After her weirdly unique interview of me, it’s time for the return keg, er, leg. The bonus is that Cassie has a major announcement to share, so I hope you can stop by to check her Interview here this coming Monday.

Speaking of homes…

You didn’t?

I did.

Did not.

Did so, just way back up there...

Where?

Gen’s going around the home calling me SIGGY…

Ohhh, OK, got it. Sorry.

No problemo,

 Anyhow, so I live in a Random. House.

(Pauses…)

No, no, you’re good, please go on…

Thank you.

You're Welcome!

...As such, I found this old musing and wanted to share:


Five things about being a stay-at-home dad

·         I’m outnumbered at any homeschool meetings… (There’s always a mini meet-and-greet and I am generally the only husband, which puts a new spin on "hanging with the Ladies" :)

·         Phantom pregnancies EXIST…. I’m still trying to shed the extra pounds.

·         I’m a bad parent. (I’ve only gone and nearly forgotten the new, precious, sweet, kind baby a couple of times at Costco :)

·         A full night’s sleep is something I can only dream about J

·         And the truth is being a stay-at-home dad to three boys is I wouldn’t change anything J

More Random. House up next, following this short commercial break…

“Word Verification Sucks… and I ain’t scared of the Blogmen.”

We return you to tonight’s extended edition of Random. House (brought to you by CAPTCHA.)

·         Six degrees of Blog-separation.

Have you ever suffered from BlogSuckedMeInitis. It happens to me a lot, (for good reasons) but then (all of a sudden) I find myself four blogs away from where you started??

On Tuesday, I had a guest post at the Writer’s Dojo.

I noticed Cassie had posted right below me, the day before.

Cool.

I went to say hi, which is when I saw a comment from Emily.

Emily had L.G guest posting.

L.G. mentioned Nancy had just signed a book deal (YahhY!).

I shot over to Nancy, left my congrats and then leaned back in the chair

Where was I originally going before I stumbled over Cassie’s post???

I still can’t remember!!!
Did anyone check the steak before we served it?


And finally, this is a steak I cooked the other day. Now, I'm thinking I should have posted it up on eBay:)
(I told you this was Random. House.)

Happy Friday, y'all :)

16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You might've gotten a bundle for that Nike steak!
Couldn't go without my sleep. And don't need extra pounds!

Anonymous said...

Nice steak! I have to admit, Mark...it's the start of the morning and I'm already drooling!!!! :)

I've given you The Liebster Award on my blog today! Enjoy :)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

So as the only guy at the school stuff, do you get the joy of carrying all the heavy stuff at the picnics too?
Dads rock.

Cortney Pearson said...

Loved the randomness! Can't wait for Cassie's interview and her big news! And that steak, too funny!

Anonymous said...

This is pretty good steak.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Nichole Giles said...

That steak is hilarious! Seriously. Nice to meet you, well, virtually. Hi from UT. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Morgan said...

The one problem I have with your posts is that I never know which hilarious thing to mention...

I wrote over on Clarissa's blog I wasn't sure who was more entertaining... hmmm... ;)

So how 'bout one big burst of laughter to cover everything?

*deep breath* Ah-hahahaha!!!! Mark, I can always count on a laugh from you ;)

And pffft to the phantom pregnancies. You look fab. SIGGY is in top condition. LOL.

And I wouldn't change anything either. Too precious!

Lara Schiffbauer said...

That is a weird looking steak. It doesn't look like it came from the side of a cow. Maybe more like a turkey neck?

Sarah Tokeley said...

Oh, I can't wait until Monday!

And the first time my Mum took me out after she had me she left me outside the shop and went home on the bus :-)

PR said...

That steak is freaking me out a lil! :)

Cassie Mae said...

Oh that's right, I'm gonna be here on Monday. Better cancel that song and dance video I was gonna post on my blog. ;)

And dude, I bet you are the highlight at those homeschool meetings. I mean, who can say they get to see SIGGY in real life all the time??

Phantom pregnancies do exist. Sometimes I wish I could tell people I'm actually pregnant so I have the excuse to eat four slices of pizza.

You are not a bad parent. You are a parent. Slighty brain-damaged from having children.

Now, write "Just Go With It" in BBQ sauce underneath that steak and you're golden.

Miranda Hardy said...

Your son is precious!

You should have posted it on ebay. Probably would have made a fortune. lol

Sylvia Ney said...

What a freaky looking steak! New follower here. I’m getting a head start on visiting my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I have passed on the Liebster award to you, if you want it!

Arlee Bird said...

There is something disturbing about the look of the steak although I would imagine it was rather tasty.

Lee
The Dog Lived (and So Did I)
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Anonymous said...

What a cute pic.

I don't think I've ever made or eaten green cake.

That is one interesting looking steak.

Have a great week, Mark.

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;