#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Monday, January 20, 2014

Love Is In The Air bloghop - Mark & Juliet's scene (from Love Actually)

Aloha,

 
The fabulous writers over at Unicorn Bell (you simply must go check them out, dahling) are hosting a Love Is InThe Air Blog Hop.






From their site:
It's a celebration of that little thing called love. Be it steamy or sweet, puppy, kitty, teen, aggravating, first kiss or final goodbye, let your scene tug at our heartstrings. Post your stories of love on Monday [through Friday], visit, comment, enjoy the fun!

I’m keeping it simple – and PG – by sharing one of my favorite movie love scenes. If you’ve ever watched Love Actually, you’ll smile as soon as you click on this video.

To set up the scene (in this 2003 romantic comedy set in Christmastime London,) Mark is in love with Juliet (who is newly married to Mark’ best friend, Peter.) Mark, however, has always been cold and distant toward Juliet - he calls it self-preservation - until now…

 
 
Keira Knightly plays Juliet and fans of The Walking Dead will instantly recognize Andrew Lincoln.

In my formerly single days, I never did try the oversized cards move, but I love the concept :)
Have you ever tried this? Did it work?
What if someone tried it on you? Would it work?
 
Click here to enter and/or read some more entries.
 
 

20 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

That is one of the best romantic movie scenes ever! Every time I watch it, I can't stop grinning!

Anonymous said...

Mark, I hope you will stop by and accept the award I've nominated you for.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This has always been one of my favorite movie scenes of all-time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I remember that scene. He got a kiss but didn't get the girl.

Crystal Collier said...

Too cute! I haven't watched Love Actually (I know, what woman hasn't?) but I LOVE that actor. Maybe I should watch it...

Yolanda Renée said...

Okay, I haven't seen it - I know how is that possible? Good question. LOL

But I will check it out!

Unknown said...

Maybe the dwarves should watch the whole movie to get some tips.
Mark you have been signed up for a dance contest against Captain Ninja. Don't worry, we dwarves are with you. Place, Father Dragon's cave. ;)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

It is a great moment in movies. Nothing like a guy putting it all out there and exposing his heart.

SittieCates said...

Hi! It's my first time to drop by at your site.

I tried clicking on the video but I couldn't view it. I'll just try to find the film and watch it. :-)

The Musings of a Hopeful and Pecunious Wordsmith

Robin said...

Looks like our brains are running down similar tracks.

Nope. Never tried the sign thing or had it tried on me. Drats!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Never tried it. I actually haven't seen this movie.

Elephant's Child said...

Drat you. Hard-hearted Hannah here is starting her morning through a mist.

Sarah Allen said...

This might be my favorite movie of all time :)

Sarah Allen
(From Sarah, with Joy)

Nicole said...

I started smiling as soon as I saw your post title - Love Actually is fantastic!!! :)

Carrie Butler said...

I've never seen that movie, but that guy gets points for effort! I love it. :)

Meradeth Houston said...

I love that scene! Though it's also so heartbreaking. And, to be honest, if anyone did it to me, I'd probably laugh (because I'm awkward like that, not because it's not cute!).

Vanessa Morgan said...

I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't enjoy Love Actually :-s

Julie Flanders said...

Aww, this is one of my favorite movies and I LOVE this scene. <3

LD Masterson said...

Yup, great movie and great scene. I also like the one where the guy (can't remember his name) is trying to propose to the girl while she's working in the resturant - complete with her father, sister, and a large crowd joining in.

But the one where Emma Thompson realizes her husband bought the romantic gift she saw for another woman breaks my heart - every time.

Sakira said...

Its really awesome try more , spotify stock

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;